There are numerous benefits to self-assessment. Such processes can lead to the development of a strategic organizational plan with clearly defined short-term and long-term goals, measurable objectives, identified fiscal and personnel resources, and enhanced consumer and community partnerships.
Self-assessment can also provide a vehicle to measure outcomes for personnel, organizations, population groups and the community at large.
The NCCC views self-assessment as an ongoing process, not a one-time occurrence. It offers organizations and their personnel the opportunity to assess individual and collective progress over time.
PDF Assessment Tools and Documents
- Cultural and Linguistic Competence Assessment for Disability Organizations (CLCADO): Assessment and Guide
- Cultural and Linguistic Competence Family Organization Assessment (CLCFOA) | Guide for Using the CLCFOA
- Cultural and Linguistic Competence Organizational Assessment Instrument for Fetal and Infant Mortality Review Programs (CLCOA-FIMR)
- Cultural and Linguistic Competence Policy Assessment (CLCPA)
- Curricula Enhancement Module Series: Cultural Self-Assessment
- A Guide to Planning and Implementing Cultural Competence Organizational Self-Assessment
- Innovative Self-Assessment and Strategic Planning: Addressing Health Disparities in Contra Costa County
- Promoting Cultural & Linguistic Competency Self- Assessment Checklist for Personnel Providing Services and Supports In Early Intervention and Early Childhood Settings | En Español
- Promoting Cultural and Linguistic Competency Self-Assessment Checklist for Personnel Providing Primary Health Care Services
- Promoting Cultural Diversity and Cultural Competency Self-Assessment Checklist for Personnel Providing Services and Supports to Children with Disabilities & Special Health Needs and their Families | En Español
- Promoting Cultural Diversity and Cultural Competency: Self-Assessment Checklist for Personnel Providing Behavioral Health Services and Supports to Children, Youth and Their Families
- Promoting Cultural Diversity and Cultural Competency Self-Assessment Checklist For Personnel Providing Services and Supports to Individuals and Families Affected by Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and Other Infant Death (SUID) | En Español
- The Role of Self-Assessment in Achieving Cultural Competence