Application due date: March 31, 2017
Selection Criteria for the Community of Practice on Cultural and Linguistic Competence
The NCCC is interested in selecting a broad array of state/territories that are invested in advancing cultural and linguistic competence toward a goal of system transformation. Successful applicants will:
- Demonstrate the capacity to bring a broad array of stakeholders together to plan, implement, and evaluate CLC and cultural diversity system change efforts.
- Verify the commitment of the DD agency and three AIDD-funded programs (UCEDD, P&A, DD Council) to participate in the CoP over the five-year project period.
- Demonstrate state/territorial capacity to operate a CoP (e.g. dedicated leadership, time and level of effort necessary to participate in all facets of the CoP, execute memoranda of agreement between participating organizations, collect and report data required to document progress and outcomes).
- Document the meaningful involvement and active participation in the CoP of people with developmental disabilities and their family members including those from culturally and linguistically diverse groups.
- Describe the unique characteristics of the state/territory within the context of the need to promote cultural diversity and advance and sustain CLC in the DD system
The AIDD will make the ultimate selection of state/territories participating in the CoP.
Before you begin, click here to view the application to see what information is required